Friday, April 29, 2011

Week Four

Alright, so the weeks have been flying by this quarter, whoa golly! So many things going on it's difficult to keep it all straight. In fact, I may be writing these blogs a week ahead, but when I try to figure out which weeks we did what and what weeks those things were due and all that...my brain starts to hurt. So I'm just going to keep going on as if I have been doing this correctly the whole time.

Anywho, this week we learned how to use Google Picasa, both as a movie maker and as a photo editor. As a photo editor it is pretty lacking (I'll stick to Photoshop), but as a movie maker it is pretty good. It's simple and intuitive, so it is a valuable, FREE resource to use in the classroom (and it doesn't require hours of tutorials to learn to use it properly, like FinalCut does). I think I will introduce this to my students in the classroom, as I hope to, if resources are available, have students create short films as projects demonstrating their comprehension of literature (combining two of the things I'm most passionate/dorky about: film and literature! woo!).

So here we go, on to week five...

No comments:

Post a Comment