Friday, April 8, 2011

Week One

Week one of this class has moved at something of a breakneck pace. We have covered a number of topics already, none more important I would say than hyperlinking. So far I have used hyperlinking something like...50 times? It's week one, c'mon!

This week introduced me to a few different multimedia tools that can be integrated into the classroom. These are all primarily web tools, with the exception of PowerPoint; WikiSpaces, Blogspot and GoogleSites.

Of the three, I think WikiSpaces will prove to be the most useful. Here we have been introduced to how to create and manage our own wiki, which will be invaluable in the future. I have already been thinking of the number of ways I can use this in my future classroom as a review resource available to my students.

We also covered using Blogspot. This is something I am not unfamiliar with, so it wasn't new ground or anything, but it did introduce to me the notion of using blogs as a tool in the classroom. I have started thinking of ways to integrate student blogs into different assignments I might give out once I begin teaching.

GoogleSites is something that before Day One in this class, I didn't know existed (although, to be fair, Google does just about everything so I wasn't surprised, either). Similar to the use of WikiSpaces, I can see using GoogleSites as a means of conecting the classroom and creating a resource for students looking to review content or connect with fellow students/myself.

These are all useful resources that I hope to integrate into my own classroom in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Good job. Hope you can learn more about how to integrate technologies into your classroom as the course goes on.

    ReplyDelete